23+ Impressive DIYs For Your Bathroom
The bathroom may not seem like a very fun or glamorous place to be, and while there are instances when that is totally accurate, it's not true 100% of the time. We just did a major overhaul of the main bathroom in our home, and now, it's one of my favorite rooms — because it's so gosh darn pretty!
If this is how you want to feel every time you walk into your bathroom, check out the list of DIY ideas below for inspiration.
1. Store all of your shampoos, conditioners, and body washes in matching containers.
The Chic Site | The Chic Site
The Chic Site shows just how easy it is to create this upgraded feeling in your bathroom. Rather than having a mishmash of bottles on display, everything looks uniform and neat.
2. Displaying towels on a wine rack not only makes them accessible for anyone who might need one, but also clears up much-needed space in your linen closet.
Creating Mary's Home | Creating Mary's Home
3. For those who prefer the shabby chic look in their home, a set of painted and distressed mason jars (like these ones created by Consumer Queen) are a must.
Consumer Queen | Consumer Queen
Experiment with different sizes and colors, and see what you can come up with!
4. Hair products and tools tend to clutter up cupboards and counter space in bathrooms.
Dream Green DIY | Dream Green DIY
However, Dream Green DIY solved this problem by simply attaching a metal file bin to the side of her vanity using Command Hooks.
5. The next time you're browsing the aisles of your local dollar store, see if they have any woven baskets.
Making Lemonade | Making Lemonade
Making Lemonade used a set to create some chic storage shelves for her bathroom.
6. Towel holders don't always have to be made of metal bars.
Greco Design Company | Greco Design Company
7. Who says you can't have fun with bathroom decor?
The Chic Site | The Chic Site
The Chic Site proves that it's easy to incorporate unique pieces into your bathroom design without breaking the bank. And I don't care how old you are, a dinosaur toilet paper holder will always be amazing.
8. However, if dinosaurs really aren't your thing, there are plenty of other options for toilet paper holders that are almost just as cool.
DIY Show Off | DIY Show Off
I think anyone using your bathroom would appreciate this little shelf by DIY Show Off beside the toilet!
9. Completely transform the look of any tub without a major renovation using AirStone.
Lovely Crafty Home | Lovely Crafty Home
This lightweight, inexpensive product can be secured in place using some construction adhesive and will make your tub look like it experienced a budget-busting update. To see just how dramatic an AirStone transformation can be, check out Rachael's bathroom over on Lovely Crafty Home.
10. What was once a boring trash can from the dollar store is now an eye-catching piece for that coastal or farmhouse bathroom you've been dreaming of.
Two It Yourself | Two It Yourself
Head over to Two It Yourself to see this project come together from start to finish.
11. It's always nice to have something to read in the bathroom.
Four Generations One Roof | Four Generations One Roof
Ensure you, your family, and any guests you may have always have some form of literature within arms' reach by adding one of these tasteful magazine racks to your bathroom. Follow the advice given by Four Generations One Roof and you'll be sittin' pretty in no time.
12. Framing out the builder-grade mirror above your vanity is one of the quickest ways to create noticeable change.
Cherished Bliss | Cherished Bliss
Check out the tutorial created by Cherished Bliss and your bathroom mirror will be looking fresh and new in no time.
13. One of my favorite ways to decorate is using items from antique stores and thrift shops.
Vintage Revivals | Vintage Revivals
Mandi of Vintage Revivals gave her bathroom a chic, timeless look by creating a gorgeous dark green feature wall and accenting it with a pretty scroll map.
16. If the countertop of your bathroom vanity has seen better days but you can't afford to replace the entire piece, turn to paint for a quick fix.
It All Started With Paint | It All Started With Paint
There are products out there designed specifically for this task, and Linda from It All Started With Paint demonstrates how effective they can be.
17. A cute sign can make a world of difference, especially in a small space like a powder room.
Joyfully Said Signs | Joyfully Said Signs
A sign like this is easy enough to make, but if you want it right now without any fuss, head over to Joyfully Said Signs to place your order.
18. There are some messes that a good scrubbing session just won't fix.
Young House Love | Young House Love
If the floors in your bathroom have lighter grout lines, they can become discolored and grimy in the blink of an eye. Lucky for you, Young House Love has a useful, easy way to make them look brand new without any harmful cleaning products or major renovations.
19. Make any bathroom space feel like a spa by adding a simple stone mat to the floor.
Tattooed Martha | Tattooed Martha
To find out just how easy it is to make one, check out the tutorial over on Tattooed Martha.
20. Isn't it amazing how much of an impact fixtures can have on the overall appearance of the room?
Bless'er House | Bless'er House
Bless'er House demonstrates how to quickly change your tub's accessories without messing around with the plumbing. And if you're not a plumbing pro, not fiddling around with it is always a good idea.
21. An air freshener doesn't have to look like an air freshener.
Eighteen25 | Eighteen25
Jodie and Jen of Eighteen25 came up with the perfect way to keep your bathroom smelling fresh without sacrificing its pretty style!
22. Cover up old, outdated tile floors without breaking the bank by using a fun stencil.
Hometalk | Cutting Edge Stencils
The easy-to-follow tutorial by Cutting Edge Stencils over on Hometalk will definitely make the process a bit more manageable.
23. Hanging Toilet Paper Holder
Design Love Fest
Bri Emery of Design Love Fest found a unique and eye-catching way to turn boring old toilet paper into a borderline wall decoration.
And it's even easier to change out your toilet paper!
24. Tiled Mirror
The Stonybrook House
Can't find the tiled mirror of your dreams? Just follow The Stonybrook House's tutorial on how to achieve one.
It looks so luxe, but it's actually pretty simple to do!
25. Toiletry Bottles
Almost Makes Perfect
If you're sick of seeing random soap bottles in your shower, Almost Makes Perfect shows us how to create a spa-like feel with some plain toiletry bottles and vinyl alphabet stickers.
27. Vanity Tray
Homey Oh My
Sometimes, all you need to really zhuzh up your bathroom is to keep everything nice and organized.
Put your favorite perfumes or face products on this simple vanity tray from Homey Oh My to make your sink feel less cluttered.
28. Cart Organizer
Flickr | Heath & the B.L.T. boys
This cart is the perfect functional piece. It's a shelf, organizer, and storage closet all in one!
29. Drawer Handle Labels
The Summery Umbrella
Some bathroom vanities just have too many drawers, and even if you know your bathroom inside and out, you may forget which toiletries you keep in which drawer.
Using card catalog label pulls allows you to write exactly what's in each drawer, and it becomes a super cute vintage hardware piece, too.
30. Over-The-Toilet Ladder Organizer
Jenna Sue Design
If you like a rustic feel, this wooden storage ladder DIY by Jenna Sue Design is just yummy.
Attach hanging baskets to store toilet paper, and even hang your towels all in one pretty place!
Is your bathroom in need of an update? Are you going to try any of these DIY ideas?
Let us know in the COMMENTS, and don't forget to SHARE this crafty collection of projects with others.