Chicken parmesan is one of those classic, feel-good Italian recipes. Super traditional, always delicious, passed down from generation to generation...but, could we dare to give it a new twist?
We decided to go for it. After all, what fun is a recipe that you can't play around with? Instead of using a chicken breast, we swapped it out for some drumsticks, and that made it fun to eat and gave it a beautiful presentation.
But, don't be fooled: These might look profesh, but making these couldn't be easier.
You'll be wishing you thought of this before we did — chicken parmesan, but in drumstick form? Genius!
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/8–inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning