Like most people, I like to think that good luck and bad luck are a result of the choices we've made. Realistically, most of the bad things that happen to us we probably deserve. Granted, some things are out of our control, but waking up 15 minutes late and missing your bus is definitely on you.
Naturally, I hate to take responsibility for the mistakes I've made and would much rather blame circumstantial things like bad weather, a poorly designed phone case, or the fact most things don't come with instructions — but deep down I know I can do better. Regardless of where the blame should be placed, some things are just down right unlucky. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is certainly awkward, but it doesn't make it any less entertaining.
1. The guy who got caught with his pants down in shark-infested waters.
2. The guy who's trying to tell you his love troubles but Drake needs a one dance in the other room.
3. The girl who chose the wrong time to take a selfie with her dog.
4. The time the Belfast Telegraph forgot how advertising works.
If you thought you had a rough life, check out #7 and count your lucky stars.
5. The Facebook coincidence that maybe predicts the future.
6. The couple who took a really cool photo right before they got some really bad stains.
7. The guy who's brushed with death so many times his life resembles the plot of the movie Final Destination.
If you need another reason not to trust everything you read, check out #10 and see what happens when CNN forgets how to use headlines.
8. The man who chose the wrong seat on the bus.
9. The girl who was having a good time before this happened.
10. The time CNN's headlines accidentally misinformed us.
If you've ever been at the wrong place at the wrong time, you'll appreciate #13.
11. The guy who failed to realize it was neither the place nor the time for this nonsense.
12. The girl who chose the wrong time to sunbath.
13. The Imgurian who posted his selfie in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone? Probably not as much as the guy in #16.