I've owned and used iPhones and iPads for more than a few years now, and I'm STILL learning new things about them every once in a while. The beautiful part is that a lot of these are based on efficiency, making your life a heck of a lot easier.
Here are 13 genius tricks every iPad and iPhone user needs to know.
Note: I concede that you may know some, if not all, of them. Rest assured, though, that there are many people out there who do not know most of these.
1. Putting your phone into Airplane Mode will charge your phone TWICE as fast
2. Extra zero? Swipe right to remove it!
via Quora / Steve Tamburello
3. Travelling abroad? Use Google Maps OFFLINE.
Simply zoom into a map area then type "ok maps" into the search box, which will give you the data despite no connectivity.
via Quora / Kartik Ayyar
4. Want less strain on your eyes, especially at night? Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Invert Colors
5. Have too many favorite apps to fit on the dock? Just drag a folder there!
via OS X Daily
6. Space two times = a period.
via Quora / Shrey Rawat
7. Make your iPad more comfortable with a THUMB keyboard. Simply swipe across the keyboard.
via Quora / Hannah Yang
8. Add a phone number pause
Simply hold the asterisk (*) after the number then a comma will appear. Add another number. This is great for when you call a number with an extension.
via Quora / Bahaa' Awartany
9. You can close more than ONE app at once. Just use three fingers, which means three apps closed at once.
via Quora / Michael Frederiksen
10. You can use most Bluetooth keyboards with your iPhone, turning it into a mini word processor.
via Quora / Tom Soderlund
11. Purposely misspelling a word will make the contraction appear, increasing your typing speed!
12. While your calculator is open, turn your phone sideways and it turns into a scientific calculator.
via Quora / Glyn Williams
13. You can use your camera WITHOUT entering your password. Simply swipe the camera icon.
via Quora / Roderic Campbell
14. Passcode with letters instead of numbers
Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn off Simple Passcode. Once you do this, a screen will pop up where you have to enter a new password along with a full QWERTY board.
15. Custom vibrations
Instead of having a basic vibration, make your very own. You can also assign these to specific people so you can distinguish between something you care about and something you don't. Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone > Vibration > Create New Vibration. Have a blast! To add a custom vibration for a contact, do this in the Contacts portion of your phone.
via Business Insider
16. Use your Apple earbuds
Just press the center of the headphone button and it'll take a picture. Now you can reach selfie glory.
via YouTube / TodaysiPhone
17. Find out what planes are flying above you
Some will say that you only need to say "Planes overhead" or "What flights are above me?" but that doesn't always work. CNET writer Jason Cipriani found out that you need to say the following: "What Wolfram what flights are overhead."