We have Nobel Prizes in literature, medicine, and even specific sciences like chemistry or physics. And of course, there's the famous Nobel Peace Prize.
But what about design? I'm not talking about big design changes, though. Rather, I'm thinking of those choices and ideas that change our lives in a small, but infinitely better ways.
1. Like this BBQ restaurant that provides stain removal sticks for their customers.
2. Bathroom mirrors with a heated, fog-proof section.
3. Wet floor signs have never been so appropriate.
4. I refuse to make more than one trip from the car up to my apartment.
5. Never get lost in a department store again.
6. This dustpan's handle also doubles as a funnel.
7. Sometimes, a little detail is so clever that it deserves to be celebrated.
8. Most of the people who visit this Lego Store don't even notice the ceiling.
9. I'd buy these earbuds just for the packaging.
10. In another bit of clever packaging, this gum looks like teeth.
11. This bus company has a genius way to avoid invalid tickets.
12. A water fountain designed for doggos.
13. This restaurant lets wine lovers serve themselves thanks to this handy price guide. Just drink the bottle down to however much you'd like to spend.
14. Dog toys with smaller, slightly bashful second toys inside.
15. This parking garage tells you which stalls are free from afar.
16. Now, if we combine that idea with this one, we may achieve parking nirvana.
17. There is a rail bridge near my office that has taken out many trucks.
18. These stalls light up to indicate if they're occupied.
19. As an introvert, I sometimes skip shopping simply because I can't deal with helpful staff.
20. There's no need for a bookmark in this clever planner.
21. These coasters don't just keep the furniture safe from rings, they carry an important message.
22. This Alzheimer's ward has a great way of keeping patients safe.
23. When you're taking a full bag of stink out of your garbage bin, it usually gets stuck, right?
24. Ride the elevator a little bit calmer by knowing how much weight there is.
25. How about food that labels itself when cooked?
26. Keep the streets clean while showing off your love for democracy with this clever voting booth-inspired cigarette bin.
27. Anything that removes barriers is a total win in my books!
28. What's the fastest way to get from one floor to the next?
29. Rural stop signs often have a lighting problem, but not this one.
30. This store isn't being rude, it's just telling you it's closed!
31. This culinary creation is perfect for when you have very limited cooking space in the kitchen.
32. At first glance, this looks like someone's knees made indents in the chair in front of it.
Which simple idea do you think is most worthy of recognition?